The John D. Barrow Art Gallery is a red brick building at the north end of Skaneateles Lake. Designed and built by John Dodgson Barrow to properly display his paintings, the Gallery opened its doors to the public on October 8th in 1900.
|The Gallery||Selected Works|
The Gallery was given in trust to the Skaneateles Library Association for the Skaneateles Community with a restriction that only Barrow paintings are to be exhibited. Art critics have written of the "exquisite effects of light and shade" and "the careful study of nature" in Barrow's paintings.